The Massachusetts texting ban is to take effect October 1st and some drivers have already had difficulty trying to quit. Many texting addicts have already tried to start prying their fingers from a cell phone while driving, here are a few tips on how to keep yourself from the buttons while behind the wheel:
- Place your phone out of sight or at least arms reach in places like the glove box. If you’re a true texting addict, the trunk may be your phone’s ultimate safe haven.
- Turn the texting notification tone to silent to ease your texting temptation.
- If you can still see the screen light up when the ringer is on silent, turn your phone off.
- Read your directions a couple times before hitting the road, this way you’ll be familiar with the route & have to pull over fewer times to check those texted directions.
- Two words: designated texter. If you have a friend in the car, have them text for you!
- Make the ultimate realization that the text message will still be there when you park. Lo and behold, it will say the same thing it did 5, 10 or 20 minutes ago when your phone received it.
Happy and safe driving everyone!