We can’t get enough of the amazing restaurants here in the Fort Point Section of Boston! From Mexican, to French, to Vietnamese, Fort Point has something for everyone. Our fabulous customer service rep Chrissy is here to share with us a few of her favorite restaurants in the area.
We can’t stop raving about our neighbors here in the Fort Point section of Boston, there are so many great bakeries, restaurants, shops, and more, all in the same neighborhood as our office! Our awesome sales agent, Jeff is here to tell us about a few of his favorite spots in the area:
Jeff loves this addition to the Fort Point Chanel. This new gym features over 130 classes, great trainers and fun workouts. The Club is located just a quick minute away from our office making it a popular place to work out for our team at MassDrive. This boxing gym created by George Forman offers unique training packages that are sure energize and excite you. If boxing isn’t your thing, The Club offers a variety of work outs from yoga, to spinning to circuit training.
Located on Congress Street, this awesome lunch spot is worth the walk from our office. They offer delicious, healthy, and filling meals. From creative salads to bowls, Sweet Green offers only high quality, nutrient filled, organic ingredients. If you’re feeling a little creative, make your own concoction choosing from a variety of ingredients including wild rice, spicy sunflower seeds to and baked felafel. Next time you’re there, try Jeff’s favorite signature dish, the Avocobbo salad.
This delicious Mexican restaurant really knows how to mix things up. Jeff loves that they take great classics up a notch with dishes like Maine lobster guacamole and chili dusted calamari. Their extensive creative menu also includes a variety of street tacos, fajitas, and burritos. And lets not forget they mix up an awesome after work Margarita!
Winner of 2014 Boston Magazine’s Best Neighborhood Bar South Boston Award, Lucky’s Lounge Bar’s unique style makes its one of a kind. From the live music, to the Sinatra tribute band, this place provides an awesome old school atmosphere. With a menu full of great comfort food, and a fun 50s vibe, its no surprise Jeff loves this place.
When your sweet tooth needs it’s fix, nothing beats Flour Bakery. From brioche, to cookies, to amazing sticky buns, to gourmet cakes, and much more, this place has it all. Jeff say’s when he stops by at lunch for their gourmet sandwiches and salads, it’s too hard not to leave with at least one delectable dessert. Our office here at MassDrive loved our catered experience with Flour Bakery. They also have plenty of gluten free options too!
We’re back with another “We Love Fort Point” blog! We can’t stop raving about our neighbors here in the Fort Point section of Boston, there are so many great bakeries, restaurants, shops, and more, all in the same neighborhood as our office! Our awesome sales agent, Teresa Dillon is here to tell us about a few of her favorite spots in the area:
Barlows Restaurant – We’ve definitely featured Barlow’s in this post before, but they’re so good we can’t get enough! Not only is this convenient (it’s located in the same building as our office) but they also have a diverse menu with tons of options that are all amazing. Teresa loves their appetizers that are half off during the work week, and also enjoys the fact that there’s live entertainment every Thursday, Friday, and Saturday night! It’s convenient for a quick lunch, drinks after work, or even dinner and is definitely a favorite spot of everyone in the office.
The Institute Of Contemporary Art – Only a short walk from our office, this museum is right on the water and is open until 9 PM on Thursdays and Fridays, and is a fun place to visit if you want to see something new. They have many exhibits to view, ranging from paintings to sculptures to cartoons. Admission is very affordable, only $15 for adults, $13 for seniors, and $10 for students. One great perk is that every Thursday from 5 PM – 9 PM during ICA free Thursday nights, admission is free for all!
Mrs. B’s Cafe – Whether it’s for a quick snack, or a hearty breakfast or lunch to get you through the day, you won’t be disappointed by Mrs. B’s. Just make sure you get there early, all of their ingredients are fresh and once they sell out you won’t have nearly as many options to choose from. Teresa says they’re great for a morning coffee as well, and loves the location because it’s “a relaxed neighborhood feel in a corporate setting”.
Sagarino’s Market – This gourmet convenience store is only a short walk from our office, and we definitely take advantage of the location. Not only do they have your typical items for sale like soda, snacks, gum, and coffee, but they also sell paper goods, Italian wines, breads, cheeses, and gourmet treats that aren’t in your typical convenience store. It has a unique local feel and is perfect for stocking up for after work parties!
Sportello – This is one of Teresa’s favorite lunch spots in Fort Point. While they do offer sit down breakfast, lunch, and dinner options, she prefers their lunch boxes which are perfect for a quick lunch if you need to head back to the office. Their $11 lunch box comes with home made chocolate chip cookies, chips or popcorn, and a sandwich and drink of your choice, and trust us, their sandwiches will not disappoint even the pickiest eaters! Made with fresh ingredients, they have so many options you may need to keep coming back until you’ve tried everything!
With so many awesome neighbors in the area, it was hard to narrow it down to just a few! Be sure to watch for our next “We Love Fort Point” post where we’ll reveal a few more of our favorite spots in the area!
Photo By: Bosc d’Anjou
At MassDrive we love having our office in the Fort Point section of Boston, and we’ve been getting a lot of new neighbors lately! We love trying new places, and supporting our friends in the area! There are lots of great spots for lunch, a quick caffeine fix, and even plenty of spots for those of us with a sweet tooth! To show our neighbors some love, our sales representative, Shawn Harris, has named his 5 favorite spots in the area!
Bee’s Knees Supply Co. – This one-stop shop is only a short walk from our office, and carries everything from flowers, cheese, chocolate, deli meats, beer & wine, local produce, and much more! Their New York style deli carries fresh, local ingredients and they also have a huge selection of sandwiches, soups, salads, pastries, shakes, and ice cream. There’s also a cafe where you can choose from a large selection of drinks to get you your caffeine fix in the morning. It’s great whether you’re looking for a quick snack, a filling lunch, or even some groceries to make dinner with.
Flour Bakery and Cafe – Shawn said this has to be his favorite lunch spot in the area, and that they make a “killer” BLT. In addition to their regular menu, they also have daily lunch specials and even vegetarian, vegan, dairy free, and wheat/gluten free options. Their fresh, made to order lunch options will definitely keep you coming back, and their pastries include options such as raspberry crumb bars, biscotti, midnight chocolate cake, carrot cake, milky way tart, and much more! Once you visit, the cozy atmosphere, amazing smells, and not to mention delicious food will have you hooked.
Momogoose Food Truck – Food trucks are all the rage here in Boston, especially for a quick, affordable, lunch and Momogoose is one of Shawn’s favorites. This Asian fusion food truck is only a short walk from the office, and is right across from South Station. Shawn loves their bulgogi beef with noodles, and says its a great option if you want to switch it up from the typical sandwich options in the area. Their quick and friendly service is a plus, but just be sure you have cash because they do not accept credit cards.
Pink Berry – If you’re looking for a refreshing afternoon pick me up, this is the place to be. Their handcrafted fro-yo comes in a variety of flavors, but Shawn is a big fan of their lime. You can choose your own toppings from their topping bar which has only the freshest options including seasonal fruits, granola, chocolate chips, almonds, and many more. The closest stand to our office is located right across the bridge in South Station, and they are constantly updating their flavors and toppings so there’s always something new to try.
Starbucks – In the Dunkins vs. Starbucks contest, it’s clear who the winner is in Shawn’s eyes. Even though Starbucks is a huge chain and there are many locations across Boston, they just recently opened one right near the Broadway T Station, which is only a short walk from our office. Shawn says he loves stopping for a chai tea latte in the morning, and there are definitely a few others in our office that are excited about the recent opening, especially since it’s right in time for fall and all things pumpkin!
If you’re in the area, definitely check out some of these awesome local spots!
Here at MassDrive we love to support local businesses, and our main office is located in the Fort Point area of Boston. Not only do we love the location of our office, we love our neighbors here as well! There are a lot of great lunch spots, restaurants, the harbor walk, and even nearby attractions to head to after work. In an effort to show our neighbors some love, our Sales Manager, Steve Fucci, has named his top 5 favorite spots in the area!
1. Lucky’s Lounge – This gem is only a short walk from our office and Steve describes it as having “a great ambiance as well as quality dishes”. Not only is the food delicious, there is an extensive drink menu as well. They have been featured on Channel 5 Chronicle, Phantom Gourmet, and in 2012 won the Improper Bostonian’s “Boston’s Best” Award and Boston Magazine’s “Best of Boston” Award. Live music is another fun feature of this restaurant, and the speakeasy atmosphere makes it a fun stop for after-work beverages.
2. Tavern Road – Located on Congress Street, Tavern Road describes themselves as “A high-energy, modern, restaurant and bar”. They have really embraced the local artistic community and utilized local artists to create a unique and original design concept for their restaurant. They are open for dinner 7 nights a week and the menu blends many different ingredients together to create fresh, unique entrees. Prices are fair for the quality, and we definitely recommend checking out their “Lil Snacks” which cost $5 each.
3. Sportello – This is a favorite lunch spot of everyone in the office, we especially love their $11 lunch boxes which come with a sandwich, drink, chips or popcorn, and cookies. They have something for everyone including vegetarian options. They offer brunch, lunch, dinner, and also have take-out options. The bakery has endless amounts of delicious pastries, cookies, and every kind of sweet you can imagine and items change daily. This is a spot we highly recommend to anyone looking for an amazing sandwich.
4. Barlow’s – When it comes to this restaurant, the location can’t be beat. It’s located right in our building so is one of our most frequent stops for lunch and drinks. The chips they serve at the bar are addicting, and they have different specials each night including $1 oysters on Monday’s, Taco Night Tuesdays and live music on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. Their bar bites are a bargain and great snacks right after a long day, and the outdoor patio has a beautiful view of the harbor and the Boston skyline.
5. Metro Cafe – This place has everything you could imagine, from pastries, donuts, and bagels for breakfast, to fresh fruit, snacks, and even sandwiches made fresh for you. You do have to get there early though before all of the best sandwiches sell out! If you need to take a quick lunch and just want to get some fresh air, Metro is the perfect place to go because it’s only a short walk from the office, and you can bring your lunch back to your desk if you have a lot to do. The staff are always friendly and get to know you after a while, and they also have a lot of salad options if you’re looking for a lighter lunch.
If you’re in the area, definitely check out these amazing spots, you won’t be disappointed!
Photo By: Bill Illott
We love our neighborhood – especially when our neighborhood has pumpkin pageants! Last week, the Friends of Fort Point Channel hosted a pumpkin pageant, where local Fort Point businesses could compete against one another in a pumpkin carving competition, to be determined by the voting public to get us all in the Halloween spirit. Does it get more fall than that? Or any cuter?
We were very excited to enter and began brainstorming our pumpkin right away. Our pumpkin was dropped off on Monday and Mike and I set to work designing and conceptualizing a pumpkin that would not only speak to what we do here at MassDrive, but also be a fun carving adventure that really embodied the season.What’s more MassDrive than a car? We couldn’t really think of anything! So a pumpkin car we set out to make. (more…)