So you’re taking a trip this holiday season. Good for you! You deserve some time away with family and friends.
Besides having a great time, your top priority on vacation should be keeping yourself and your fellow travelers safe. We’ve come up with a list of helpful tips to keep in mind:
- Research your destination before you leave. For example, if you’re traveling to a country with unsafe drinking water, it’s important to know this beforehand to avoid becoming ill.
- If traveling abroad, make multiple copies of your passport. Keep one at home and bring a few on your trip.
- Keep your actual passport in the safe in your hotel room.
- If you’re traveling with children, make sure to never leave them unsupervised.
- If you’re visiting a place where people speak an unfamiliar language, travel with a guide of the language’s important phrases.
- Do not flaunt any cash or credit cards in public.
- Make sure to regularly apply sunscreen or bug spray if your vacation spot is known for its hot sun or insects.
- Be respectful of the culture of the country you are visiting.
- Purchase travel insurance before you leave for your trip. Travel insurance can help you avoid the high costs of an unexpected flight cancellation, a medical emergency, and more.
Get started with a travel insurance quote here.
Stay safe and enjoy your holiday vacation!