A new technology has arrived to increase driving safety by restricting cell phone use behind the wheel. The clever iZUP (i.e. “eyes up”) application, developed by Illume Software, was created to help eliminate distracted driving. Recent legislation banning texting and driving holds the potential for strict fines and possible license suspensions if caught. Applications restricting phone use behind the wheel may be answer for parents and employers and necessary step for the texting-addicts.
iZUP technology includes the following features to aid in reducing distracted driving:
- Preventing outgoing text messages, e-mails and phone calls while driving
- sending incoming calls to voicemail and holding text messages when the vehicle is in motion
- Prohibiting web browsing and application use while driving
- Providing password-protected passenger override
- Allowing three authorized phone numbers (i.e. home, employer, etcetera)
- Allowing one authorized application (i.e. navigation/ gps)
- Making emergency 911 quick dial available at all times
- Automatically unblocking all calls after a 911 call
- Tamper alert send to an account holder when the user (child or possibly employee) attempts to disable iZUP
- Sending notification of 911 call to account holder with a map shoving call location and time
More information about iZUP can be found on the provider’s website: www.getizup.com.
RECEIVE AN iZUP DISCOUNT:
MassDrive is proud to announce drivers with a Plymouth Rock policy have the opportunity to receive a 25% discount on iZUP! This discount is just another of the many benefit of the Savings Pass program, a free perk of holding a policy with Plymouth Rock. MassDrive carriers offer unique discounts on insurance and additional products, such as the iZUP application. For a free qutoe contact your friendly MassDrive agent today!