With all the snow storms we’ve been getting lately we’ve all had to spend more time indoors than we would probably like. Staying inside for too long can result in a case of cabin fever if you’re not careful, that’s why we’ve come up with a list of activities to keep you occupied indoors until the warmer weather arrives.
- Have a dance party. Come up with a playlist of your favorite songs and dance your little heart out. Look up dance moves you’ve always wanted to learn and practice until you’re ready to showcase them on your next night out. It may sound silly but not only is dancing a great way to relieve stress, it’s also good exercise, killing two birds with one stone!
- Movie marathon. Enough said right? Who doesn’t love getting into their PJ’s, making some popcorn, and hibernating on the couch all day? Netflix has tons of great movies, and it only costs $7.99 per month for their instant streaming subscription. If you don’t have Netflix but know in advance that a storm is coming and you’ll be stuck in the house, head to the nearest RedBox machine and stock up. You can usually find great movies in the $5 bin at Walmart too, as long as you don’t mind digging around a bit.
- Bake, eat, repeat. Have a recipe you’ve been wanting to try? What better time to try it than when you’re stuck inside for hours on end? Plus when you’re done you’ll have a delicious snack to eat for the rest of the day.
- Get organized. Spring isn’t here yet but it’s never too early to start on spring cleaning. Been meaning to clean out your closet or organize the items you have around your house? Days like this are perfect for that. Put on your favorite playlist and get to organizing! When you’re done find a way to reward yourself, whether it’s with a nice glass of wine, some online shopping, or a movie marathon, do something to relax after getting organized!
- DIY day. Creating something on your very own can be very rewarding, especially if it comes out the way you actually wanted it to. With so many different ideas floating around on Pinterest, you’ll have a hard time deciding what you actually want to make, but if you’re stuck inside all day you may not have to choose and might have time for all of them! Make a collage, experiment with canvas art, learn how to make different types of jewelry, the options are endless.
- Read a book. With so many different things to read on the various social media sites, news outlets, etc it can be hard to find the time to sit down and read a book the old-fashioned way. Snow days are perfect for combing through your bookcase and finding an old favorite, or a book you’ve been meaning to read for a while. Once you’ve made your selection, get comfy with a cup of hot chocolate and enjoy being unplugged for a while.
- Redecorate. Been wondering how your couch would look on the other side of the living room? Now’s your chance to find out. Be careful if you’re moving large pieces of furniture and don’t try to lift anything too heavy on your own.
- Catch up with an old friend. Sometimes it’s hard to keep in touch with friends that you don’t see very often or that are usually hanging out in a different circle of friends, but snow days are the perfect time to call up an old friend and see what’s new in their life.
We hope these ideas can help you fight off a case of cabin fever! Try to make the most of these snow days while they last, spring is on its way! If you’re stuck inside all day with the kids, check out these ideas to keep them entertained.
Photo By: Kara Michele
We’re back again and today we’re bringing you yet another exciting interview despite the snow storm. Today I got to interview Mya, and let me tell you she is a very lucky girl! Mya lives out in Arizona with one of the sales representatives from our office in Phoenix, so fortunately for her she’s hasn’t had to step foot in any snow! I let her know that those of us here in Massachusetts are very jealous of the beautiful weather they have out there!
So Mya, what is your favorite thing to do?
Well, I am a very curious girl. Anywhere I go I love to explore my surroundings and investigating every new sight and smell. I also love being around my people, they are so much fun and are always doing something interesting or eating something new, I’m sure you can imagine how much I love finding scraps of left over food if they spill some around the house. After thoroughly investigating my surroundings, I like to take a nice long nap.
Do you have a favorite toy that you like to play with?
My favorite toy is my pink monkey! She is my best friend and I try to bring her everywhere with me. Whether I’m taking a snooze or hanging around outside, my pink monkey is by my side. My people always play with me and sometimes they even try to throw my monkey, but don’t worry; I always run after her and pick her up as fast as I can!
Is there anything you’re afraid of?
Well I’m not afraid of much, the only thing that makes me nervous is my brother, Andre. We don’t live together, but I still get to see him a lot because my owner and his owner are brothers! Ironic isn’t it? Anyways we got into a little scuffle when I was younger and he is a lot tougher than I am so I try to stay out of his way. I’m not saying he’s mean or anything, sometimes he just doesn’t know his own strength and gets a little too rough. I just hope people aren’t afraid of me, I’m a pitbull and we may look tough, but I’m really just a big love bug and wouldn’t hurt a fly!
What’s your favorite place to go for a walk?
I love walking all over our neighborhood, the weather here in Phoenix has been perfect for dog walking lately! There’s a grassy field near our house that we go to a lot, I love running around and playing fetch on a nice warm day! Even when it gets hot out, it’s not as humid here as it is for you all in Massachusetts!
Do you have any health concerns?
Not at the moment, I am a very healthy young girl! The only time I had to go to the vet (besides yearly check-ups) was after I got into that scuffle that I already told you about. Like I said, sometimes my brother just doesn’t know his own strength and it started off as playing but eventually I ended up at the vet’s office and needed a few stitches.
Lucky for her owner, Mya is a happy healthy four year old girl. However, dogs of any age can get injured accidentally, whether it’s by another dog or something else, and the vet bills that follow such injuries can be expensive! Give us a call at MassDrive for a pet insurance quote, there are no restrictions on any type of breed so all cats and dogs (including pitbulls) are welcome!